Early Morning Attack On Long Island!

Peconic Bay Sailors

Remember Jerseyans, move the flags around 1:30 to 2 PM on Fridays, it is an effective gambit that I learned of from observation of Long Islanders, it is especially frustrating to those who try and make an early exit from work to grab a flag. I myself am going to ride the Lehigh River Rail Trail, a cacheless park in PA : . Have a great weekend.lol:

So, just to throw some "game theory" into the mix, it would seem plausible to log the flag on Friday afternoon and (according to the rules) log the next placement on Monday (72hrs later) which would make weekend expeditions fruitless. Of course that only works when NJ has the flags :antenna:

Or to use coordinated movements, that is where LIGO shines. I believe they will make a move, it is quiet, too quiet. :)

Several Long Island geocachers were spotted passing through the Holland Tunnel at 5 a.m. headed towards NJ. Our scouts lost them on the Pulaski Skyway. They're out there - somewhere. Keep your eyes peeled.

So, just to throw some "game theory" into the mix, it would seem plausible to log the flag on Friday afternoon and (according to the rules) log the next placement on Monday (72hrs later) which would make weekend expeditions fruitless. Of course that only works when NJ has the flags  :)

The rule is 48 hours, so no! :)

Let me make this perfectly clear. That LI Flag is safer in that cache than any cache I can think of on Long Island. I'm more than happy to leave it there. One of you NJers will have to grab it if you have any hope of winning this thing. :D

The score, I think, is 67 - 42. That's 8 + moves.

Next time we play this (if there is a next time) I think the points should be based on how long the flag is in the opponents territory.

Edited by JMBella

The rule is 48 hours, so no!  :)

If it is indeed 48 hours, then the TB pages should be updated to reflect that. Currently, they 2 of the 3 say 72 hrs. For some strange reason the LI Flag says 48 hrs.

Official & NJ

4. Flag Retrieval: Once you retrieve a flag you have 72 hours (3 days) to play it in another qualified cache (see above for description). Failure to do so within the alloted timeframe will result in a team penalty (see scoring below).

LI

4. Flag Retrieval: Once you retrieve a flag you have 48 hours (2 days) to play it in another qualified cache (see above for description). Failure to do so within the alloted timeframe will result in a team penalty (see scoring below)

But goes on to say later....

1. Holding: If a team member holds onto a flag for more than 72 hours a 10 point penalty is ...

This wouldn't be LI trying to benefit from a Loophole would it? :)

Edited by MrResolution

The rule is 48 hours, so no!  B)

If it is indeed 48 hours, then the TB pages should be updated to reflect that. Currently, they 2 of the 3 say 72 hrs. For some strange reason the LI Flag says 48 hrs.

Official & NJ

4. Flag Retrieval: Once you retrieve a flag you have 72 hours (3 days) to play it in another qualified cache (see above for description). Failure to do so within the alloted timeframe will result in a team penalty (see scoring below).

LI

4. Flag Retrieval: Once you retrieve a flag you have 48 hours (2 days) to play it in another qualified cache (see above for description). Failure to do so within the alloted timeframe will result in a team penalty (see scoring below)

But goes on to say later....

1. Holding: If a team member holds onto a flag for more than 72 hours a 10 point penalty is ...

This wouldn't be LI trying to benefit from a Loophole would it? B)

It's 48 hours, that's what we agreed on. The pages need to be updated.

Scoring Weekly Update:

45-77

NJ Flag:

Peconic Bay Sailors scores 10 points for a rescue

Resolution scores a point for retrieval and placement of flag

Trowel32 scores a point for retrieval and placement of flag

Paperblob scores a point for retrieval and placement of flag

LI Flag:

JerseyTrex scores 10 points for a capture

Evil Chicken scores 3 points moving the flag

Evil Chicken scores another 3 points for moving the flag

Bella Candy scores 3 points for moving the flag

NJ flag is currently in: Point 777 Times 2

LI flag is currently in: Duckie Cache

Point notes:

* since zarah made an honest mistake LI is not deducted points

* There will be no retroactively scoring Avroair's rescue and Kber's capture since the rules were not set by then.

Weekly update: SJ cachers have slowed the pace, but the flag still seems to be moving. Someone asked me earlier in the game if there is a mercy rule. Answer: No, but a team can concede!

Current score: 58-77

NJ Flag:

Dirty Bird scores a point for moving the flag.

LI Flag:

flyinV's score 3 points for moving the flag

NJ Flag:

Currenty in the hands of BigNastyBrain

LI Flag:

Currently in the cache: In Under Piney Cover