Autoroute Patch

metroguide usa v4.01 can autoroute on a garmin 60c/cs but later software versions cannot....is there a certain piece of software (autoroting patch) in v4.01 that can be extracted and inserted into later version softwares to get the autoroute capabilitys or is it not possible...i find that the price here in the uk of the city select very expensive and as i already have european metroguide v5 (which does not autoroute) i would to be able to 'patch' it....any thoughts?

The later MetroGuide Versions are basically City Select software without Autorouting, so you will have to buy City Select. All this software is from the MapTeq company. MapTeq provides the mapping for City Select, MetroGuide, Mapsend Direct Route, and Mapsend Topo 3D I believe. So you are basically limited by what MapTeq Supplies Garmin and Magellan.

I have MetroGuide 5.0 and City Select 5.0, and they look vertually the same on the computer screen, and all the map chunks are the same between them.

Edited by GOT GPS?