Downloading Gpx Format

dazed&confused

I am trying to download a group of caches. I pull up a list of caches near me and select the "check all" button and then click the download button. All I get is a file with the extension ".LOC". How do I select the GPX format on the download?

BTW, yes I have paid up to be a premium member and the system even recognizes me as such.

I'm sure this is a very simple thing to do, but I've been beating my head on this for the last 1/2 hour.

dazed&confused

(well, confused for sure...)

you can get .gpx from an emailed pq or from individual cache listings, BUT NOT from the nearest page.

Ahh yes, now I see. You know, geocaching is not a RASH that computer-phobic people should attempt. I just created my first PQ and it was easy and cool, but I sure hope my query doesn't hose up the system when it runs.

Thanks for the help.

Dazed&confused

(a little less confused now)

TIP: When you create a pocket query, don't check a box at first for it to run on the current day. Instead, generate the query and then use the "Preview" feature to see the results displayed on the familiar "nearest caches" online search results. If you got 50 caches two counties away, instead of 500 caches nearest your home, then you know something went wrong in the setup process. You can then go back and edit your query parameters. Once it displays results that look correct, go back a final time and check which days you want the query to run.

The system won't choke on a bad query, but it may send you unintended results. Meanwhile, you've just used up one of your five-query ration for the day, and the same query cannot be run until the next day. So, PREVIEW. I did that myself yesterday when setting up some maintenance queries for my review territory. Sure enough, I checked a box wrong on one of them. And I'm supposed to be an expert. (Ha!)

TIP: When you create a pocket query, don't check a box at first for it to run on the current day. Instead, generate the query and then use the "Preview" feature to see the results displayed on the familiar "nearest caches" online search results. If you got 50 caches two counties away, instead of 500 caches nearest your home, then you know something went wrong in the setup process. You can then go back and edit your query parameters. Once it displays results that look correct, go back a final time and check which days you want the query to run.

The system won't choke on a bad query, but it may send you unintended results. Meanwhile, you've just used up one of your five-query ration for the day, and the same query cannot be run until the next day. So, PREVIEW. I did that myself yesterday when setting up some maintenance queries for my review territory. Sure enough, I checked a box wrong on one of them. And I'm supposed to be an expert. (Ha!)

good advice -

The PQ page can be confusing. Even to us 'experts'.

cc\