Caches For Adoption

cache_ninja

hey all, it's been awhile..glad to see some familiar names..after some rough stuff, i need to move on and out of the area..looking for people to adopt a few remaining caches, otherwise I'll be picking them up/archiving them in the next few weeks.. ive run across a number of kind folks over the yrs who have helped me out, most of my active caches have been adopted...

check out my cache list, the ones i'll need help with are:

nyc:

aqua

serpentor

hells gate

harriman:

stanley

l.bug(needs some fixing)

doodletown

and i could really use a hand picking up flaxe(archived)

i had someone taking care of crossroads, but it seems to need some help...

much appreciated! please _msg_ me/e-mail me via the site

take care

c/n

I am not even sure l.bug is still there. My cousin and I spent a good 45 minutes searching the area . . . but then, there was some snow on the ground . . . but then, the person to rehide it prior to our looking said he moved it to a new spot.

any takers for doodletown or stanley cache?

will check on l.bug next week, and likely archive unless it's in good shape and and i find someone interested in preserving it.

c/n

I think that Doodletown and Stanley are in conflict with the NY's geocaching regulations. Personally I wouldn't want to see Stanley go because its an old one and its been on my to do list since I started geocaching, but it may have to anyways because of the new rules.

Perhaps I can do a search and pick up on Stanley in the next few weeks.

I am watching your Crossroads cache. I know that it has an issue. I am thinking it would be wise to archive the cache. There are very few visitors and the area is prone to flooding. Let me know if you agree and I will retreive it.

No, no!!!! I have to find that one :o . Its been bugging me for a long time. I can pull that if you want once I find it.

Edited by briansnat

Well give me a good swift kick. I found Crossroads yesterday (used a canoe) and took the cache with me only to come home to log it and see that BM Squared had been there and fixed it up a bit.

Cool area though, and very deserving of a cache.

Edited by briansnat
Well give me a good swift kick. I found Crossroads yesterday (used a canoe) and took the cache with me only to come home to log it and see that BM Squared had been there and fixed it up a bit.

You used a canoe to cross a 20 foot wide stream? You could have waded across that!!!!

:wub::wub::D:wub::wub:

You used a canoe to cross a 20 foot wide stream? You could have waded across that!!!!

:)B):)B):lol:

Yeah and I paddled 10 miles! Put in by route 17 and took out in Oakland by Doty Rd. All that for one, lousy cache!

Yeah and I paddled 10 miles! Put in by route 17 and took out in Oakland by Doty Rd. All that for one, lousy cache!

You bypassed Freewater1 ? With the canoe, you could have avoided the snake issue. Are you planning on returning the Crossroads cache? If not, I was thinking about adding one to that park. I had that in mind when I thought of archiving the cache in the first place. But having thought it over a little farther, I think that the older and more historical caches should really be kept around. Either way, it's up to you. If you want though, I know a land route that will get you to the cache in less than 5 minutes.

You bypassed Freewater1 ? With the canoe, you could have avoided the snake issue.

Totally by accident. It was ahead, ahead, just ahead - then I looked and it was .15 mile back :grin: . We weren't paddling upstream so figured we'd get it another time.

Are you planning on returning the Crossroads cache? If not, I was thinking about adding one to that park. I had that in mind when I thought of archiving the cache in the first place. But having thought it over a little farther, I think that the older and more historical caches should really be kept around. Either way, it's up to you.

That's up to you. You're the adopter. I can put it back, or you can place another.

Edited by briansnat