New Memb

rainemaster_16

If by game you mean something like the Mountain Dew or Pepsi bottlecaps where you win a big prize, then no.

If by game you mean a bunch of hobbyists who do it just for the fun of it, then yes.

The Frequently Asked Questions link posted above is a fabulous place to start, as is the "Geocaching University" website (do a google search, but I think it might be geocachin-u.com).

Good luck!

I'm new too and my definition of a game is something fun and last night I found my very first cache and benchmark (although the benchmark was gone, :D I'm positive I was in the right spot). Then I went home and lost at a game of monopoly! I had a great time searching for and finding the cache, much more fun than monopoly and I can't wait until Saturday to get out and find even more caches and I'm going to search for another benchmark. Since I had fun, I guess it's a game.

I'm looking forward to learning how to download maps to my GPS and I'm looking forward to the day when I don't have to carry the users manual with me when I go out.

Edited by Red Oak
I'm new too and my definition of a game is something fun and last night I found my very first cache and benchmark (although the benchmark was gone, :unsure: I'm positive I was in the right spot). Then I went home and lost at a game of monopoly! I had a great time searching for and finding the cache, much more fun than monopoly and I can't wait until Saturday to get out and find even more caches and I'm going to search for another benchmark. Since I had fun, I guess it's a game.

I'm looking forward to learning how to download maps to my GPS and I'm looking forward to the day when I don't have to carry the users manual with me when I go out.

Be sure you read the description on those benchmarks very carefully. Most were placed long before GPS was around and the coordinates were published by someone using a map, a straight-edge, and a pencil...my first find was a benchmark, I found it by accident on my second try 243 feet from the published coords! (saw the witness post on my way back to the coords. to search again!)