Is it proper etiquette?

FlyingFish

There have been several variations on this, so it's not against the rules. One person likes to create one-time caches where the first finder gets to take everything. He usually puts semi-precious coins as the prize.

Someone else put a $20 bill in a cache for the first finder, who failed to notice it. Some tension ensued when the placer taunted the finder for missing the booty.

Go ahead and do it if you are so inclined, just don't be surprised if no one thanks you for your effort. Money does strange things to otherwise good people.

-E

--

N35°32.981 W98°34.631

If I was to do that type of cache, I would make sure the difficulty level was high enough that it may take a cacher several hours to find or it was a multi waypoint cache requiring travelling to several locations to find it.

I WOULD ALSO MAKE SURE IT WAS NOT PLACED IN A SENSITIVE AREA THAT WOULD BE COMPLETELY TRAMPLED BY CACHERS WITH DOLLAR SIGNS IN THEIR EYES!

19973_600.gif The adventures of Navdog, Justdog, and Otterpup

I think it's a great idea!!! Personally, I co-found a valuble one-time only geocache containing semi-precious coins, and I left Star Wars tickets in a cache that took me two attempts to find, as a "thank you" for the challenge (alas, nobody went to the cache in the week between when I placed them and when the tickets were for). I just placed a cache with your normal assortment of trinkets, but I also placed four kind of unique dollars in it--a "Where's George," an Ike, an SBA, and a Sacagawea. As far droves of cache hunters trampling over the country side with dollar signs in their eyes, I don't think that's too big a factor--in fact, with the valuble one-time-only caches that have been placed in this area, cache hunters have been benificial to the areas. One was placed on Harriet Island in St. Paul--a fairly popular park on the Mississippi that gets more than it's fair share of beer bottles and cans and other assorted trash--a pair of cachers met one weekend and sought the cache (albiet unsuccessfully) and also carted out five large bags of trash. Happy cachin'!!! 15T

www.1800goguard.com