Geocoins

B) We placed our first Geocoin on April 14 and by April 17 it was gone. We placed it in one of our caches that is near to our house which comes in handy for getting TBs started. Some of our caching friends found the cache on the 17th and reported the coin was gone. I went to the cache and everything was ok except the coin was missing.

This got me thinking, very dangerous I know, do Coins get muggled or go missing more often than regular TBs? Are Coins taken mistakenly taken as a trade item as opposed to the regular TB? We have had great luck with our other TBs. Your thoughts are appreciated. Thanks

P.S. This may our beginning and end of using Geocoins. B)

do Coins get muggled or go missing more often than regular TBs? Are Coins taken mistakenly taken as a trade item as opposed to the regular TB?

I would guess so. April isn't that log ago, maybe it will turn up ? B)

That seems possiably, especially since some coins are left as trade or signature items, and other times as Travelers. If someone can't bother to read the attacted mission, I doubt they're bother to figure out if this coin was meant to keep or not.

Attaching an "instruction" tag as with all Travel Bugs but especially Geocoins in my personal experience goes a little (long?) way in helping TB's move.

As of right now, 4 out of the top 5 for distance, of my own GC.com trackable Travel Bugs and Geocoins are actual USA Geocoins with attached tags.

It's up to the purchaser/owner what kind of effort they put into their Travel Bugs and Geocoins when released and what kind of expectations they hope for as well.

But saying this once released the owner has very little, if any control, in it's travels and tribulations. It's part of the experience of playing this sub-game known as Travel Bugs and Geocoins, should you chose to except it.

I'll keep releasing them as long as it remains fun and keep moving them for other people with an thought to the owner's wishes and expectations.