Can It Be Done?

Pete27a

I need some info on if i can do geocaching with the equipment i have...I just got a palmone (zire72s) and i am using the program Cotogps on it. Can I use this to do geocaching with it and does anyone have a web site on how to use the program. i got it from a friend of mine and he did not have the manual for it.Any help would be great. Thanks for all the help Pete

Spencersb ok i found that site and this mit be dum but how would you go about doing it. i was out trying to find a cach but i found i was walking in circles until the lad and long was getting to the same.is that how it is done or will it tell you what direction you need to walk in and seen you in the way you need. Thanks again for everone help Pete

Depends on your GPS. I'm not familiar with yours, but generally you can GOTO a waypoint that you have entered (the cache coordinates from the cache page). Some have an arrow, some have a map. If your GPS does not have an electronic compass, you will find that the arrow is not reliable once you get within 30 feet or so, depending on the quality of satelite signal you're getting. I like to use the map feature on my Garmin Legend C (no compass), and once I get within 15 or 20 feet, I just start looking in likely places. Be sure to give the GPS a little time to settle down, also, especially if your under a lot of tree cover.

Walking in circles for a while is NOT uncommon. Are you sure that's not a Magallan? :ph34r: