Better Reception

Does anyone know if the newer handheld units process a signal better than my 2 year old sportrak?

Lately it has me running around in circles. I see the newer models have a buzzword: Truelock? It sounds like a load of crap to me, but perhaps you could share your experiences.

Thanks

Does anyone know if the newer handheld units process a signal better than my 2 year old sportrak?

Lately it has me running around in circles. I see the newer models have a buzzword: Truelock? It sounds like a load of crap to me, but perhaps you could share your experiences.

Thanks

I have one of them thar new fangled GPSss with the TrueFix Technology. I have used it with my Sport track color and my meridian gold. I taint seen no big differance in the way they find thangs if the woods. You mite want to check the batteries in our GPS.

If your ST has lost that zest and vigor when it was brand new, you might give a try clearing all memory and reintializing (this will erase all data in the unit). When you initialize it, let it set it outside for a half hour (maybe even an hour if you're as superstitios as I am). That will allow for a download of a new almanac.

If problems still persist, then I'd try the above following a firmware reinstallation. But I'd agree with JV that the new units are comparable, but not demonstrably superior in reception.