Waiting For Approval

WeWereWaz

Greetings -

I submitted a new cache named 05/05/05 on April 27th, with a request that the cache not be released until (you guessed it) May 5th. There has been no reviewer activity as far as I can tell (no posts). On May 3rd, I added a post reviewer note asking if anyone has looked at it, and got no reply. So, I was hoping one of the reviewers who monitor this forum could take a look in the queue & confirm if it has been looked at & the reviewer is just waiting until the 5th to take any action, or if it has not been looked at yet. It is in the Denver area...

Thanks

Edited by Team Wazonmadiapah

Hello,

I can confirm that your cache is in the review queue. But your follow up "note to reviewer" doesn't get sent to anybody -- it just sits on the page like any other log, unless the reviewer happens to have added the cache to their watchlist. A better way to find out about current status is to send an e-mail to the reviewer for your area, CO Admin. It could just be that he's waiting for May 5th, or it could be the case that the cache hasn't been reviewed yet.

Oh so when u post a reviewer's note on one of ur caches a reviewer wont see it unless they just happen to visit the page?

And while i am here i have a few questions. Its hard to explain in text but.. I had a cache that was beside a river and it started to rain a lot and the river was getting close to it so i moved it and wanted to temporarily disable it and put it back later when the river went down. But when i went to temporarily disable it i accidently hit the archive button. So its like completely gone. When the river goes back down and I want to get the same cache running again, how would i go abouts doin it? Would i have to start a whole new page or can i do something easier? I was planning on posting a reviewer note to get it back running again, but from what im understanding they wont ever see it? is that correct? and if it is what else can i do to get a reviewer to get it running?

.... the river still isnt down yet but i was just wondering so i will know what to do when it does go back down.

Oh so when u post a reviewer's note on one of ur caches a reviewer wont see it unless they just happen to visit the page?

That is generally correct; there is no automatic notification when a follow-up reviewer note is left on a cache page. That's because the system doesn't know which of the volunteers is working on the cache page. (For example, there are four volunteers who share duties in one state.) There are a few reviewers who put each and every cache onto their watchlist, so that they would then receive notice of any follow-up reviewer notes. Follow the contact instructions provided to you by your reviewer, if they ask any questions.

And while i am here i have a few questions.  Its hard to explain in text but.. I had a cache that was beside a river and it started to rain a lot and the river was getting close to it so i moved it and wanted to temporarily disable it and put it back later when the river went down.  But when i went to temporarily disable it i accidently hit the archive button.  So its like completely gone.  When the river goes back down and I want to get the same cache running again, how would i go abouts doin it?  Would i have to start a whole new page or can i do something easier?  I was planning on posting a reviewer note to get it back running again, but from what im understanding they wont ever see it? is that correct?  and if it is what else can i do to get  a reviewer to get it running? 

Posting a reviewer note in this situation won't do a bit of good. You'll need to e-mail your reviewer and ask them to unarchive your cache. If you don't know who to contact, then send your request to the general "contact at geocaching dot com" e-mail address.