First Hide - Designing The Page

WeWereWaz

I am ready to jump in (finally) and hide some caches. A couple of questions:

Can I submit a basic 'page', and then spruce it up once it is approved?

How does a cache owner change the cache page?

Can I ask that a cache be released on a specific day in the future (this would be important - in this case it would be in a week or so)? And if so, is it ok to place the cache closer to that date, or should it be in place when I submit?

The location of waypoint for this cache is important, but that place is too exposed, so I plan on hiding the actual cache about 100 yrds away. The explanation would be something like ' standing at the waypoint, look for the big white T. Now find the next closest big with T. From there take a seat a few yards east.' Would this be a multi?

Thanks

Can I submit a basic 'page', and then spruce it up once it is approved?

How does a cache owner change the cache page?

The location of waypoint for this cache is important, but that place is too exposed, so I plan on hiding the actual cache about 100 yrds away. The explanation would be something like ' standing at the waypoint, look for the big white T. Now find the next closest big with T. From there take a seat a few yards east.' Would this be a multi?

Thanks

Click on the edit button, you can change anything.

If the cache is not at the listed coords, it'd be an offset, aka Puzzle. :ph34r:

Not quite; you cannot edit the cache type after the cache is listed, and you can't adjust the coordinates more than 528 feet.

What you describe is an offset cache, which is a subset of multicaches, not puzzle caches.

Leave a "Note to Reviewer" on your cache page with the actual coordinates where the container is located, and to ask that the cache be held until the date you specify.

Do not edit your cache page after it's listed if it fundamentally changes the cache from what the reviewer looked at. Adding graphics, photos, fancy html, etc. is fine. If you need time to tidy up your page prior to the reviewer seeing it, then disable your cache to remove it from the queue. Then, enable it to return it to the queue.

I hope this is helpful.

What you describe is an offset cache, which is a subset of multicaches, not puzzle caches.

Keystone Approver, I just listed a cache that I state is an offset. Here is part of the description:

The coordinates at the top of the page will get you to the Cemetery. Once there, you must find the large Jones Cemetery monument with the cube on top balanced on edge. From there wander thirty feet or so up the road to the Tree that hides the cache....(This cache is in plain sight).

My reviewer told me to change it from a regular cache to a Puzzle cache before it could be approved, which I did. In your opinion should it be a multi? My regular reviewer has never told me to change this type offset from ordinary regular cache... :ph34r: