F***awi Inacurate?

Has anyone noticed that Fugawi can be extreamly inacurate in some areas?

Having done about 100 caches using Fugawi Ive noticed that whilst in most places it will be absolutely spot on the nose, whilst in an area just 5Km south of one cahce that is bang on position (Id say witin 5M) there are a cluster of caches that are all positioned about 100M too far west.

Sadly because these are Puzzle caches I cant give much more details, but streetmaps place the caches in the correct location.

Likewise, if I look at some caches east and west of here they are also spot on position.

Without wanting to teach granny, you are sure that you, the cache coords, and Fugawi are all using the right datum?

100m is approximately the difference between OSGB36 and WGS84 if the wrong datum is used.

To answer the question, no, not seen that effect. Fugawi always amazes me with the accuracy of the positioning. I can be standing on a public footpath under an HV transmission line, and that's where the circle is on the PDA. Stunning.

Edited by Alan White

Strange but Ive just learnt that Fugawi has TWO sets of Datums, and will display them both on the screen at the same time!

I did check that under preferences that it was set to WDS84, and indeed it was, for GPS datum, but, there is a second display datum which also needs setting to WDS 84!!!

Consequently, anything that was uploaded into Fugawi was done with the GPS datum, and correct, however, anything entered manually in WGS84 was plotted using the display datum!!

When I convert the display datum to WGS84, it then converts the values of the waypoints I manually enterd into the WGS equivalent of the WGS co-ordinate I entered into the display Datumn!

This is really dumb.... Fugawi monumentally sucks!

Thanks for the help

Datum offsets for the map are fine, I can understand the need for that, I deal with 6 axis co-ordinate offsets on a daily basis.

But to display a load of waypoints on the screen in two completely different datums, with no evidence as to which waypoint is in which datum, and having no option to set the co-ordinate system for individual waypoints is dumb in the extream