Event Day Cache Contents??

justybug

Hi everyone.

I've got a CITO event coming up on april 16. 05 and am planning to place a few event day only caches, to be given away as prizes at end of day.

i'm probably placing 1 ammo can and a couple of decon kits, as the area is fairly good sized, but not huge.

As the containers themselves are going to be the prizes, and i'm not expecting a huge turnout, what would you put in them as swag for the day? they will all be stocked with rite-in-the-rain notebooks as logs as well.

i'm covering some of the refreshments, and other incidentals as well for the event.

just wanted some input on this if possible!

thanks in advance..

I was thinking of doing about the same thing. I am looking at 3 cache boxes (small medium and large) I was thinking about hiding them as prizes in trouble areas, but not tell anyone. I want the the small one to have the best prize because it will be in the most difficult spot to get to the trash, therefore the person that cleans the most difficult area will get the best prze. Diffifulty and prize will decreas as thsize of th box increases. However, I am lost for prizes at such notice. I have a full schedule Friday and camping friday night, wish me luck.

I hope you come up with something great.

that's a good idea! i found a likely spot for an ammo can, as a stand alone cache, hadn't thought about using the caches as bait in problem spots.. maybe if i've got time i'll do it, otherwise my existing cache and the new ammo can will have to suffice.. although i could always go out and try night hiding.... :0