My Assistant Link Broken On Forum Main Page?

Cardinal Red

Prime Suspect Posted on Apr 10 2005, 01:25 AM

It works for me.

Thanks for checking on this. It still works like crap for me. But are we testing the Website or Mozilla vs IE? Here is a more specific test to attempt to recreate what I am seeing.

From the Forum Main Page: Click on View New Posts (It's possible there might actually have to be a NEW message).

Actually Click on a Message to read it (not sure if this is nescessary or not).

Click Mark all forums as read and return to index.

Click on My Assistant. Does it work?

The Key seems to revolve around the Mark all forums as read and return to index function.

If it works 100% for you, I guess IE sux.

Prime Suspect Posted on Apr 10 2005, 01:25 AM
It works for me.

Thanks for checking on this. It still works like crap for me. But are we testing the Website or Mozilla vs IE? Here is a more specific test to attempt to recreate what I am seeing.

From the Forum Main Page: Click on View New Posts (It's possible there might actually have to be a NEW message).

Actually Click on a Message to read it (not sure if this is nescessary or not).

Click Mark all forums as read and return to index.

Click on My Assistant. Does it work?

The Key seems to revolve around the Mark all forums as read and return to index function.

I tried it step by step, and it worked fine in Foxfire.

If it works 100% for you, I guess IE sux.

Pretty much. Try a 21st century browser. :blink:

After observing this problem for a few weeks, I can now shed some light on my problem. There are two major factors that contributed to this.

#1> Slow Dialup.

#2> Limited Paitence, when I didn't realize it was required.

As soon as I can see the Index Page (even though it is actually still loading) I can click on View New Posts. Works great.

You MUST wait for the Index to load 100% before touching My Assistant. But if I do wait, it does work.

That must be why I could get it to work on a less busy (faster loading) page.