Creating Arc Explorer Shp Files?

I am using Arc Explorer to import existing very large shp files from a data base of survey control points for survey benchmarks from published survey web sites in Canada

Does anyone know how to convert/export smaller *.shp files in Arc Explorer for import into Memory Map Software or Expert GPS?

I tried to import the large shp file but it exceeds 500 points I think? I can't open the shp file.

any experienced Arc Explorer users at work or home ?

I am using Arc Explorer to import existing very large shp files from a data base  of survey control points for survey benchmarks from published survey web sites in Canada

Does anyone know how to convert/export smaller  *.shp files in Arc Explorer for import into Memory Map Software or Expert GPS?

I tried to import the large shp file but it exceeds 500 points I think? I can't open the shp file.

any experienced Arc Explorer users at work or home ?

OK dkorzenowsky, I have an answer. I work in the GPS/GIS field and use ESRI software such as ArcView 3.x and ArcGIS 9, including the free ArcExplorer GIS data viewer.

Here is a free program: GPSUtility that will open a point shapefile (in WGS84) and will convert it to many different file formats. I'm not familiar with your Memory Map software, but I'm sure one of these files would work for you.

Now, the freebie GPSUtility program will let you work with a file up to 100 waypoints. If you register for US$40 you get a full-blown version. I haven't registered so can't say exactly what that gives you.

If your waypoints are in a projection other than WGS84, you can use this freebie program: DNRGarmin which is a stand-alone program (but was designed to work with ArcView 3.x as an extension and Garmin GPSrs). This will allow you to translate between projections working with shapefiles. I have used DNRGarmin to reproject my GPS data that is in WGS84 to NYS Plane, NAD83 for example to overlay my points on aerial photography.

Between these two freebie programs I think you will be able to accomplish what you want. :(

Here's a thought. You could use DNRGarmin to break your large point files into 100 waypoints each and avoid registering GPSUtility.

So, I don't think you will need ArcExplorer other than to view your handywork. It is simply a GIS data viewer.

If you have any questions contact me via email thru this forum. I'd be happy to help.