28 London Caches Up For Adoption?

Having done most of the London park and canal caches recently, I noticed that Family-Wood have posted the following note in the description of those that they maintain:

Due to my workload and the fact that I now spend time working from home I no longer get time to visit London and administer these caches. If anyone would like to administer the following series then please let me know. Otherwise I will have to archive then which would be a real shame. (Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, Regents park area).

I don't know how long the note has been there but I emailed them to suggest they posted a request here, but still haven't heard anything back. At least two of their Regents Canal micros seem to have disappeared, as well as one in Kensington Gardens, but they aren't being disabled etc.

The caches in question include the Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens series, together with the western half of the Regents Canal series and a few others around Regents Park including Cara's College Cache which is a rather useful traditional cache in what is otherwise mainly a sea of micros.

I'm miles away in Lancashire, but there must surely be some London cachers who could save these popular caches from being archived.

Civilised, you are quite correct that Perthos, the original owner of most of the caches concerned, did I belive go back to the USA, but it is the current owner Family-Wood who has posted the request for help.

Their profile says they are in Basingstoke, which is a fair trek to maintain caces.

I think you are talking about different sets of Perthos caches!

The Green Park series, for example, is currently maintained by Learned Gerbil, and is nothing to do with my OP. Regents Canal 1-6 is maintained by Jonnytuna. Again nothing to do with my OP as they are currently being actively maintained.

I'm only talking about the former Perthos (in most cases) caches currently "maintained" by Family-Wood, all of which have their adoption request on them.

If someone else has taken over any of the 28 caches from Family-Wood then the cache title needs changing, GC.com records need changing, the note needs removing from the descriptions and, most importantly, some of the caches need maintenance / replacing. I don't think this is the case.

Edited by Dallan72

I've found loads of London caches, but unbelievably, not a single one on the family-wood list!

Tried for a few but they ended up as DNF. These are slightly too far away for me to offer to adopt. I hardly ever get into the centre of London these days, but it would be criminal to lose these caches.

I wish I could offer to maintain more Perthos caches, but the far end of Geen Prk is about as far as I can compfortably get to and back in lunch hour. It is worth notingthat tese caches need a lot of maintenance as they are in such public places that they often go missing, and being so popular, the logbooks often get full. However, if there is anyone who can take on some of those caches I hope they do, they are a popular set, and encourage tourists out of the tube, and into the parks!

I emailed these guys about 10 days ago offering to take over Hyde Park...heard nothing back though :rolleyes:

Good news Suzylou that you are offering to take on some of the 28, but the lack of email response is rather odd as Family-Wood last visited GC.COM as recently as 17th April so are still active as such.

Is the next step to perhaps post your adoption offers as a note on each of the caches concerned and/or contact Lactodorum or Eckington to see if they can make contact and facilitate the adoptions?? If they can't make contact they may transfer them to you anyway after a couple of weeks.

Edited by Dallan72