Need Advice In Dealing With The Media

:D Help. I have been contacted by a local News Paper. They want to run a story about Geocaching, and will be mentioning the up comming Event we are having in my area.

Problem: I don't speak real well and am worried about getting the right message out there. I want it to be something positive for the sport.

Is there a STANDARD Media Release that I can just hand them and say "Here's everything you ever wanted to know about Geocaching!!! and its Fun!

Thanks

Griff-n-go's advice is excellent. Most reporters would rather have hard copy material to work with, than have to quote someone, well spoken or not.

I'm glad to see the event listed too. It's only a few days before some of the Triangle cachers are taking off for the big GW3 event in Jacksonville (Fl, not NC) but we will try to make it down there.

PS be sure to forward the link to the online version of the article to gc.com once it is out. It will be added to the 'in the news' portion of the front page.

Edited by wimseyguy