Honda Gps!

Z15

I just got a new ATV, a 2005 Honda Rancher 4x4 AT with built in GPSr calle d GPScape. Does anyone here have one also? I have not had the chance to get out and try it as the snow it still too deep to get in the trails and woods.

Edited by Z15

Sweet! :(

I've been surprised it's taken so long for ATV manufacturers to make a GPSr a builtin feature on and ATVs instrument package. Same for snowmobiles, it just seems a natural fit.

So, what can it do? Just marks your trail travelled? Can you enter co-ordinates into it?

It can do anything a GPSr can do, stores 100 waypoints, let you input Lat and Lon etc.

Only thing the display is not as extensive as a handheld. No sky maps, land maps etc. It more geared to getting you there and back without being lost. I have no really got into a lot, just skimmed over the guide.

Where would they put it?

Just joking, a coworker had a GW and there was so much stuff on that bike we called it the "garbage truck". Every access. they made he had.

Just playing with my GPScape yesterday I can see it won't replace my Gramin GPS V by along shot. But I am glad I bought it with that given that it was the only Rancher the dealer had out of a 100 that had the GPS, + $100 rebate on GPScape 4x4 Rancher. If the batteries go dead in my V and Vista, I can still find my way back to my truck.

The Rincon, it that the 600cc+-? I looked at 2005 that had a new 650cc engine. It was black and nice but more machine than I needed for my 500-1000 mile a year use. The dealer is a friend and he told me that he ordered 500 ATV's and almost half are sold since early March. Rancher is 400cc for '05.

Edited by Z15