Nokia 5140 Kätköilyssä

mikenssi

Olen käyttänyt nokia 5140 gps-kuorilla kätköjen etsimisessä.

Jo 12 löydettyä kätköä.

Reittiopastusta käyttämällä pääsee 10-25 metrin päähän.

Ja sen jälkeen siirryn satelliitit valikkoon, jolla pääsee jo 2 metrin tarkkuuteen.

Valikko näyttää sen hetkiset koordinaatit. Ja tarkkus on tuo 2 m, jos singaalitasot on hyvät.

Olisi kysyttävää varsinaisista gps laitteista.

Saako kaikkiin laitteisiin naputeltua manuaalisesti koordinaatit?

Olisiko jostain 200 euron laitteesta enemmän hyötyä/huvia, kuin tästä 5140gps:stä?

A translation:

I have been using Nokia 5140 phone with GPS shell (cover) when searching for caches. Already 12 caches found.

Using Route Guidance I can get to a place that is 10 to 25 metres from the cache.

After that I use the satellite menu, which gives me an accuracy of 2 metres.

This menu shows the coordinates of the present location. And accuracy is that two metres, provided that the signal levels are good.

I have a couple of questions about the real GPS receivers.

Can you manually type the coordinates into all the devices?

Would some device that costs about, say 200 euros, be more useful or more fun than my 5140 GPS phone?

And an attempt at answering:

Fin: 1) Kyllä tietääkseni kaikkiin nykyään markkinoilla oleviin laitteisiin voi naputella itse haluamansa reittipisteen koordinaatit. 2) Tähän en osaa vastata.

Eng: 1) I think that you can mark you own waypoints and type the coordinates into all the GPS devices on the market now. 2) I cannot answer to the second question about usefulness or the differences between phone GPS's and traditional devices.

Edited by Pecchio

FIN:

> Olisiko jostain 200 euron laitteesta enemmän hyötyä/huvia, kuin tästä 5140gps:stä?

1. Suunta ja etäisyys kätkölle ihan oikeasti myös kätkön lähistöllä. (Satelliittisivun käyttö on hyvä vinkki, mutta minusta on aika työläs menetelmä hakeutua tarkemmin paikalle vertailemalla paperilapulla olevia kätkön koordinaatteja puhelimesta näkyviin koordinaatteihin).

2. Kuljetun reitin tallennus muistiin ja siirto retken jälkeen tietokoneella näkyviin kunnon kartalle. Mielestäni reitti saisi myös näkyä näytöllä koko ajan.

3. Normaalissa GPS-laitteessa riittää sähköä paljon pitempään. GPS-kuorien varassa ei pitäisi kyllä lähteä maastoon; kun akku loppuu niin et voi enää myöskään soittaa apua jos joudut hätään.

Minulla on sekä Garmin että 5140+GPS-kuoret, ja muutaman kokeilun jälkeen kyllä Garmin palasi ensisijaiseksi kätköilylaitteeksi. En minä silti 5140:n ja kuorien hankintaa kadu, kyllä niille käyttöä löytyy mutta ei geokätköilyssä. Eikä GPS-ohjelmassa tarvitsisi muutta montakaan yksityiskohtaa kun se olisi jo ihan käyttökelpoinen. Kuka kertoisi Nokialle? Tai tietääkö kukaan mistä saisi GPS-kuorten rajapintamäärittelyn, jotta voisi miettiä omia virityksiä poikaporukalla?

ENG:

> Would some device that costs about, say 200 euros, be more useful or more fun than my 5140 GPS phone?

Yes, especially in geocaching. I have both Nokia 5140 + GPS and ordinary Garmin, and after some trials with 5140 I switched back to use Garmin as my primary geocaching tool.

1. Most annoying feature of 5140 in geocaching is that it will not indicate distance and direction to the target if you are closer than about 20 meters. Comparing the coordinates on Satellites window with cache coordinates is good tip, but not a solution. This problem should be corrected by very small changes in the software if Nokia wants to listen to their customers.

2. I am used to see my track on the GPS display, and I want to download it to the computer and plot it on the map.

3. On typical GPS receivers your batteries last very much longer and you may change them easily in the forest. You must not rely on phone GPS when hiking. If you run out of your batteries you have nothing to call help if you happen to have an emergency situation.

I use my 5140 mainly in car, there the short battery duration is not problem when having car adapter. Travel Guide is almost OK, there are only few stupid bugs/features in that software.