Mapopolis Ne Version Or Something Else

My Mapopolis MapPack purchased version is ND, and they expire in May. The new NE version is out.

I can buy the NE version and get updated maps for $100, or I can keep using ND version maps and spend no money and use that money to investigate other options like Memory-Map, which seems ideal for topo maps.

Any feedback on the NE version maps? What about Memory-Map - do people think all its features are worth the extra cost (it doesn't appear to do street-level directions.)

Thanks in advance,

Cade

The NE version was JUST released. The ND version is fine, and I have the whole US - I don't have to renew to keep using the maps - however, I will need to D/L all the ones I expect to use. My European maps don't expire until a few months later, but I do travel a bit, which is why I bought the whole US.

The new maps will have updated restaurants, ATMs, etc.

I guess I could buy the new version of just my most used local maps to see if they are better.

I was just wondering if anyone here upgraded to the NE maps and felt they had improved enough.

I could always upgrade to the latest maps at any time in the future, so there's not really any deadline - except I will need to D/L the ND maps before my subscription expires in 45 days.

Try here. It's the Mapopolis forum on GPSPassion, and you should get the answers you're looking for. Mapopolis support is there, along with lots of Mapopolis users, including a number who are definitely not Mapopolis shills, and have no qualms about saying what they think. Some of them are just ignorant, but many are knowledgeable.