"Log Only Cache"

Catherman

What is the difference between a “Virtual Cache” and a “Log Only Cache?”

I went to a cache that said log only and expected to find a logbook. I found the target based on the Additional Hint, it was obvious and in a building. We looked around for a film canister or logbook and didn’t find it. Should there have been one there?

Catherman

[This message was edited by Catherman on September 14, 2003 at 09:33 AM.]

Looking at Adventurer #3 I would say there's a log there that needs to be found and signed.

A virtual cache would have a different icon and would also normally indicate how you need to contact the cache owner to show you've been there - pictures, description of the cache, etc.

Maybe you can contact the cache owner and ask them for some additional hints and make it back there to try and find the log and sign it.

quote:
Originally posted by Catherman:

Adventurer # 3

GCGW4G

My friend and I are thinking that we just didn’t look hard enough. We were inside the location and even wrote down some info that related to the hint, just couldn’t find the log darn it!

You didnt actually find the cache then, so you should really go back and change your log to a note, or a DNF.

This is no different then finding the park a cache is in, but not the cache.

Once you go back and actually find the logbook, you can then post a find. The cache you were looking for is a microcache. Some of them are quite small and creative. I have seen some that were about the size of a thimble, and very well hidden. Looking on the maps, it appears that its in the parking lot, not inside the building itself. Maybe you should find a few more regular sized caches to get the hang of things first.

"This is gc.com, love it or leave it "