How About Some Favorites/bookmarks Links?

Jennifer&Dean

HI!

Dean and I are planning a cross country trip from Montana to Indianapolis,IN for the Star Wars Convention in April.

Please, if you have a favorites list that you are willing to share, share it with us! We would like to hit historical/educational/cool/pretty places on our trip.

I would really appreciate it as we are going to be downloading over 5000 caches for this trip and we need some help choosing the ones to visit.

Hikes of about 1 mile are OK, day long puzzle multis are (unfortunately) not an option. We are in Indianapolis for 5 nights (arrive 21st of April, leave 25th April).

Going to be passing through:

Sioux Falls, SD

Des Moines,IA

Normal, IL

Indianapolis, IN

Chicago, IL

Madison, WI

St Paul, MN

and Jamestown, ND

Again, I'd love to see your bookmarks of your favorite caches in your areas! Also post recommendations as well if you are willing.

Pretty Please!

-Jennifer

(this is cross posted with the Midwest as well)

Just yesterday, a person recommended the caches in the Milbank SD area to me. That might be a little north of your route though.

What is your route from Sioux Falls to DesMoines? If you are going down to Omaha and then across I-80 I am told that some of the caches in the Northern Loess hills of Iowa are quite nice. It is a pretty area and there are some nice views. I haven't actually gotten up there to find those yet though. You would likely go through part of that area if you took the highway over to DesMoines as well.

Going across I-80 some of the Iowa rest stop caches are OK. Many of the Iowa rest stops have nature trails so the caches are often regular size and allow you stretch your feet a bit.

Also in between Omaha and DesMoines and not far from I-80 is one of the few times a virtual cache really impressed me. It is called Monument in the Middle of Nowhere and was built by an elderly man.

You can get the Project Ape cache near Chicago too.

If you wanted to spend some extra time, there are several very nice caches around the Coralville reservoir (few miles north of I80 at Iowa City).

My favorites are:

- I Love a Pine Forest (okay, so I am bit biased on this one)

- End Of The Road (longer hike, but very nice)

- Back to the Devonian Earthcache (Iowas only earth cache, a very neat place)

- Linder Point Lookout (I havnt done this one yet, but given the location it should be nice)

Some quicker ones, very close to I-80:

- Play the slots

- Natural Roof Cache (this one has been a challenge for some folks, park at the mall and follow the bike path)

- U-Con-Du-It (park at Applebees and cross highway 6 at the light)

- Cache as Cache Can

The zip code for this area is 52242.

Edited by WindChill

We arrive in Indianapolis on the 20th and will be there through the morning of the 25th. Dean is planning on living at the convention center... with side jaunts to various and sundry caches and museums around the area. We will have a non-cacheing co-worker with us as well and plan on assimilating him into caching while on this trip.

We would love to have a chance to meet with you and cache, e-mail us via our profile if you are interested.

-J