Loc/gpx Files Export Into Pda?

I need some help. I can export *.loc files for my waypoint cache files into my Magellan Platinium OK :) but I am stumped on exporting the *.txt files of the description of the caches into my PDA :)

so far all have been able to do is "Save As" one cache point at a time from geocaching. there has to be a way to export a bunch at once, can anyone help please

I loaded the application iSolo on to my PDA palm OS and have tried GPX Spinner ,loaded a *.loc file into the spinner directory and I seem to get the idential file? what am I doing wrong??

thanks in advance :)

don

Edited by dkorzenowsky

.loc files don't have the description, only the name and the coordinates. If you want the description, etc, then you have to pay money and get .gpx files, ideally via pocket queries. Your Palm can't take a .txt file, except on the SD card. It has to be converted by some program to a PalmOS file. There are a number of Palm apps that will read .txt files from the SD card, though, but you don't get a .txt file from gc.com.

Read the FAQs, and CyBrets paperless caching tutorial. I don't have the URL handy, but you should be able to find it with a search, either here or on Google.

thanks for the info all

I brought up the geocaching sans paper art of paperless caching page and was going well until I came to the pocket Query and *. gpx file.

As I had previously loaded GSAk software, it appears that all my *.gpx files are now converted to a *.GSAk file format? with a red + extension. how do I reassosiate these files to a *.gpx extension for import into GPX spinner

Also need info on pocket query? how to create and what does it do?

You can change the file associations in Windows Explorer, but it's not necessary. That only affects what program opens the file when you double-click on it. Spinner will still open the file, but Spinner is redundant if you're using GSAK, since GSAK does everything that Spinner does, plus a lot more.

You set up the pocket queries on geocaching.com. Just find the link off the main page, and set up the filters you want. Pocket queries get all the necessary information from all the caches pages you selected and send them in an email to your address. You have to be a premium member to use pocket queries. That's Jeremy's cash stream.