2 Stations

GEO*Trailblazer 1

You are right - the disk that you will find when you get to the mosaic of the State of Arknasas is a USGS disk that is not in the NGS database. We just got back from Mt. Magazine this weekend, and it was a disappointment to find that what I thought I had found really wasn't what I thought it was. I didn't have any datasheets with me, but I knew there was a logable benchmark at the summitt. Unfortunately, I found the wrong one. We'll be back up there this summer, I'm sure. I'll get it then.

There are a couple more stations up on the top of the mountain. Be sure to grab those while you are there.

Edited by 5Wishes
Boomer-Scavengers found the right one at N 35° 10.024 W 093° 38.685. Their's is the first recovery. The coords for the other mark were posted as N 35° 10.025 W 093° 38.682.

Mag

They didn't find the reference marks.

Yes I noticed that,I have pre perared from the original NGS Data sheet the distances,coordinates and bearings to the reference marks.

I have been doing this lately with great success.

DGTV Rocks!!!!

I also Noticed the original is in a BOULDER

And Yes I have downloaded all the marks in the area.

Do not know how much time we will have but I hope to find some of the NOT FOUNDS.

Thank you everybody.

Well we found the 1928 Disc as described.

MAG 1928.

We also recovered reference mark 2, 1928.

Reference mark 1 was elusive and we could not find it.I did not take the metal detector because,

It was raining,foggy,cold and the wind was blowing 10-25 mph at times but we braved the elements of the Highest Point in Arkansas and prevailed.

We will have to go back when the weather is better and look for Reference mark 1.

The other marks were out of the question for the day,this one and several othrs we got today was enough in this type weather......................dedicated BM Hunters.

fg1888magtristationdisc7bw.th.jpg

fg1888magtristationref25ur.th.jpg

fg1888magtristationref2tosta7r.th.jpg

Like Lewis and Clark this Adventure to the top of one part of the World was exhausting.

I am glad that they came up with the buddy system 200 years ago........This story and system established at Tavern Rock Cave during the mishap of the Corps Adventure.

TAVERN ROCK