Left A Bug In A Letterbox

solohobbes

Whoops! Contact the owner of the cache you could not find. He/she needs to check on their cache anyway, and BEG for help. Let the bug owner know what happened. Post in the Florida forums and BEG for help!!! THere are a lot of dedicated cachers in Florida who might be willing to help. If someone replies, make sure you let the forums/cache owner know. don't wait. Hurry before a letterboxer thinks it's a trade item. Make a note on the letterbox page that there is a travel bug in there, please don't take it, unless they can put it in a cache and have them e-mail you if they do (post your profile page, not your e-mail account) so you can make the drop and they can amke the grab. Do you still have the tracking number? And lastly, don't let this happen again :lol:

In addition to contacting the cache owner and the TB owner (just courtesy so they know what's going on), post to the letterboxing list (letterboxing-usa I think is the one on Yahoo) with the name of the LB-- I think most people will know it's not supposed to be there, but it's good to post a note to the list so that everyone will see it. Also in your post, ask someone who both letterboxes and geocaches in that area to stop by and pick up the TB and move it to a cache for you.

Thank you to all who have answered me. I have posted in the Florida forum, but noone has answered there. I did contact the nearby cache owner, and the TB owner. I tried to send a message to on the letterbox page but the link wouldn't work. I haven't heard from anyone yet. I guesss I'll see what happens.

Thank you

solohobbes

Edited by solohobbes

solohobbes, if you let me know the name of the letterbox, I can post a note to the LBNA mailing list to let the owner and nearby letterboxers know-- someone in the area will certainly be able to pick it up and move it for you.

One of the big sites for letterboxing was overrun by a DDOS attack today, so you might also have luck sending a note to the LB owner tomorrow. Unlike geocaching, though, letterbox owners don't have to live near their boxes, which is why it can be easier to post a wider-range note and ask for help.

OK, I emailed the LBNA email list; we'll see soon if anyone steps forward. Meanwhile, my web and email hosting service disabled my access today, so if you wouldn't mind re-sending your info re: which letterbox it was in a PM, I would really appreciate it.

Ironically, my post came in the middle of Yet Another Heted Discussion about a geocacher finding a letterbox on accident.... *sigh*