Fugawi (again!), And Majorca

ribel

I'm off to Majorca soon and plan to do some caching. I use memory map on a pocket pc here at home and wondered if anyone knows if I can get a good scale map of Majorca, preferably that will run in memory map, but not essential.

Which brings me to Fugawi...

A quick search through the Majorcan cache gallery pages provided this:

954f5996-24b0-4c2e-aa68-6161e05fba7e.jpg

A quick email to the cacher in question, he was using this on his iPAQ with Fugawi

"Included on the CD is .fx4 file that works with Fugawi on iPAQ. I had very

good use for the map, even though it was not always updated in all areas".

I downloaded the Fugawi demo to mess around with, but I can't find the settings to install it on the iPAQ, is that available in the demo?

Is there another program that will enable me to display the .fx4 file? Is it compatible with Memory Map, or can it be converted?

Or do Fugawi not do a free map viewer so that I could view the Majorcan map I want to buy. Already having memory map, I don't really want to shell out £40 or so for Fugawi, just to display a 15 Euro map!

Thanks

Sean

Fugawi is regionalised as far as I know. UK Fugawi will not show non OS maps. The US version is more versatile I think and allows importing of other maps. The Fugawi .fx4 files are for use on a PC, the PC app then converts sections to something else for the PPC.

I would be interested to find out if the UK version can display non-OS maps.

Edited by Learned Gerbil