Earthcache Approver?

jeff35080

The process of adding the earthcache icon and listing the cache live on the website is handled by the Groundspeak folks in Seattle. The regional volunteers see the earthcaches in the review queue but we just ignore them. Then, one day, they are gone from the pending queue, and everyone has a new earthcache to find.

Edited by Keystone Approver

Out of curiosity, has anyone had any EarthCaches approved over the past week or so? I know that it takes longer than a normal cache, but I was thinking that approvals for EarthCaches was down to just a week or so and not weeks like it was when they were introduced.

Yeah I know Hemlock... it's just that if Groundspeak is gonna push 'em then I would think the approval process would be as swift as a traditional. Trust me, I totally understand what you are saying. I was initially totally against EarthCaches but the more I thought about it, the more I could understand how they could co-exist with traditionals. I am just so used to caches being approved by my friendly approvers in hours that it's kind of a let-down to have a EarthCache not get approved as quickly... especially when I know that geoaware has blessed the EarthCache and submitted it to Groundspeak for conversion to the site.

Anyways, I'm not mad, or even upset :lol: This is kind of like a learning experience and one that I can hopefully help educate others about here in my local area when they have similar questions.

I'm closing this topic as to avoid any 'angst' :D As I stated earlier, I *do* understand what Hemlock is saying and I am a pretty patient person. I do appreciate *all* the reviewers and out of the 40 caches that I have hidden thus far I have never had a bad experience. Also, like I state, the EarthCache approval process has been a learning experience for me. Working via email with geoaware was very pleasant and painless. Happy geocaching!