Account Request

Trinity's Crew

I would like to start this post by saying thank you for providing this great website. I recently became a Premium Member and it is a real bargain. I have a request that I'm not sure can be performed, but it never hurts to ask, so here goes!

We registered an account back in July 2001. I cached with my brother-in-law back then because I didn't own a GPS. When I started caching on my own I couldn’t remember the old account/password (until tonight) so I set up a new one. The account name WAS reusing. I changed it to MtCarmel a few minutes ago and validated it. Is there any way to merge the two accounts or transfer information from one to the other. We didn't find any back then but we did hide one (since archived) and having my original member date of July 2001 on my current account would be cool.

Either way, thanks in advance!

Trinity's Crew

They can easily transfer ownership of the one cache to your new account, and I remember seeing another thread recently where Jeremy "fixed" the join date on a newer account. Send an email to contact at geocaching dot com and they'll fix you up.

It means changing the @ to "at" and the period to "dot." It's generally used so spammer robots can't harvest the address. From the sound of it, the address is already receiving so much spam that any efforts to obfuscate the address are a waste of time.

They can easily transfer ownership of the one cache to your new account, and I remember seeing another thread recently where Jeremy "fixed" the join date on a newer account.

Thank you for the advice! They did indeed transfer my old (archived) cache over to my new account. (Thanks!) I am very happy about that.

Your post also mentioned that Jeremy had recently changed an account to reflect the older start date. I found the post and I am keeping my fingers crossed...

So here goes... Jeremy, I would like to thank GC.com (and Nate) for transferring our old cache to our new account. My kids (and I) were thrilled when we found the old cache log and it was great that you were able to make it part of our history.

If you could update our current account (trinity's crew) to reflect the original start date I would be eternally grateful although I know it is a lot to ask and I will understand if you are unable to do so. I know that this request might be viewed as petty, but I am proud to have been associated with geocaching in Maryland almost from the start. We originally registered on July 27th, 2001. Thanks either way.

Trinity's Crew

Edited for humility :P

Edited by Trinity's Crew
They can easily transfer ownership of the one cache to your new account, and I remember seeing another thread recently where Jeremy "fixed" the join date on a newer account.

Thank you for the advice! They did indeed transfer my old (archived) cache over to my new account. (Thanks!) I am very happy about that.

Your post also mentioned that Jeremy had recently changed an account to reflect the older start date. I found the post and I am keeping my fingers crossed...

So here goes... Jeremy, I would like to thank GC.com (and Nate) for transferring our old cache to our new account. My kids (and I) were thrilled when we found the old cache log and it was great that you were able to make it part of our history.

If you could update our current account (trinity's crew) to reflect the original start date I would be eternally grateful although I know it is a lot to ask and I will understand if you are unable to do so. I know that this request might be viewed as petty, but I am proud to have been associated with geocaching in Maryland almost from the start. We originally registered on July 27th, 2001. Thanks either way.

Trinity's Crew

Edited for humility :P

Jeremy,

This is my last appeal. If you feel it is unwarranted (or just too big a pain in the butt) please post to this thread or drop me a PM to tell me to stop pestering you. Even if you are too busy/irritated/PO'ed :D to reply to me I'll stop pestering you.

Thanks,

TC

Jeremy,

Thanks for your response. The tracking number is 178440, but don't worry about it. As I mentioned in a previous post, Nate did take care of the most important thing. He moved the archived cache from the old account and that makes me and my kids very happy. They actually hid it. I stayed on the boat.

After re-reading my posts, I realized two things:

1. I'm being a pest.

2. I don't need the old start date. After giving it a little more thought, I realized it was just a vanity thing anyway.

Please accept my apologies. You have done more than enough already. Consider me satisfied and a little embarrassed.

Thanks,

TC

After re-reading my posts, I realized two things:

1. I'm being a pest.

2.  I don't need the old start date. After giving it a little more thought, I realized it was just a vanity thing anyway.

Please accept my apologies. You have done more than enough already.  Consider me satisfied and a little embarrassed.

No harm in asking. I would have asked, too... it's understandable that an accurate start date would be important to you.

2.  I don't need the old start date. After giving it a little more thought, I realized it was just a vanity thing anyway.

Your 'real' start date is valuable information and I think should be updated. It's nice to know how long someone has been caching and see their accurate history. I don't think what you are asking is unreasonable. Hopefully, it will be taken care of soon.

--Marky

I missed the date change request. Before anyone starts petitioning the site about it (although I'm sure Trinity's Crew appreciates the gesture), I made the change to the account. You'll need to use the "forums" link on the geocaching.com web site so the date updates here.

Jeremy you may be able to do the same again for these two as a wedding present?.

Have them post a topic in here after they figure out what account they want.

Hi Jeremy i hope that you can help us with our request to combine our two accounts (VorvikHunter & anglo finder) to a new account in the name of "Team Vorvik" all finds in the name of VorvikHunter need to be transferred to this new account along with the two caches that i have hidden. Rupert's Defeat & York Tyburn.

I initially introduced anglo finder to the hobby/sport of geocaching and as stated in another post here in the forums we are due to be married on 1st April (this is no April Fool's Day Joke), so maybe we could say that if it wasn't for geocaching we may never have got together??

Hoping that you can help us both, Thanks VorvikHunter & anglo finder

combine our two accounts (VorvikHunter & anglo finder) to a new account in the name of "Team Vorvik" all finds in the name of VorvikHunter need to be transferred to this new account along with the two caches that i have hidden.

This is actually something you can do yourself. Login to the VorvikHunter account, and go to your "My Account Details" page. Next to the title, click on "edit profile." On the edit page, it has your username near the top and right next to that is a link, "change." Click that and enter your new username "Team Vorvik" and your password and click the button.

The warning on that page saying "Changing your username will not immediately change the logs on the cache listings" just means that they will not update right away, but will update next time someone logs them, similar to the way the find counts update each time a cache is logged.

Hi Jeremy i hope that you can help us with our request to combine our two accounts (VorvikHunter & anglo finder) to a new account in the name of "Team Vorvik" all finds in the name of VorvikHunter need to be transferred to this new account along with the two caches that i have hidden. Rupert's Defeat & York Tyburn.

By your request, it seems like this could easily be accomplished by renaming your current account to Team Vorvik. You didn't mention bringing in any finds or hides of 'anglo finder'. Seems like you could handle this yourself with just a rename and a bit of editing on your profile page to let people know what's up.

--Marky

combine our two accounts (VorvikHunter & anglo finder) to a new account in the name of "Team Vorvik" all finds in the name of VorvikHunter need to be transferred to this new account along with the two caches that i have hidden.

Thanks to Marky and Hemlock after following their advice we have now changed all the details that we wanted to and the account in the name of anglo finder is now to be closed.

Team Vorvik (formerly known as VorvikHunter & anglo finder) :grin: