The Offset Travelbug

cobie

After having scanned the forums for a few days, it seems I am the only one playing this brand new GC game. I went to retrieve a [TB:A] fromcache1 on Saturday, only to find TB:B has taken its place. No worries there as TB's move faster than the players who log them all the time. Took TB:B home instead. Went on-line Saturday night to see whether TB:A had been logged out of the cache and whether TB:B had been logged in so I could grab it. Not yet, no worries.

Punched in TB:B number to track it and found it to be in cache2, 12 km. North of cache1. Hang on. The picture of the TB:B is that of a lion-cub, not the fluffy little puppy tied to the tag I have in my possession.

(For those of you still awake, it gets more interesting.)

Went to visit cache2 on Sunday and there it was, a lion-cub without its TB-tag. Someone had moved the TB dog tag to another cache, tying it to another plushy. He even signed the log as having moved the TB and having taken a photo with the camera supplied. I am a relative newbie so am I missing something obvious? I have written to the owner of TB:B but still awaiting his comment. Any ideas?