Oregon 4x4 Trails

crookedletterd

I would think that you would have to look on a geo map to see where they are hidden off of the forest roads.. provided, of course it is legal to hide them in the national forests..

I don't know what part of Oregon you are in. Most of the caches in those areas though are walk ins I would think as the forest areas are sensitive areas.

In those areas that are designated for 4X4 off roading.. see if there are caches hidden in those areas.. If there are none.. put some there. That would be a great idea.

You can also submit the idea to the this web site and see what the reviewers say about it. <_<

Doug and I LOVE 4-wheelin'! There are MANY in Oregon. I'm trying my best to think of some now (not necessarily the toughest 4x-ing, but fun!):

Gunsight Butte. One of our favorites so far!

In Central Oregon:

Camp Krummholz. It's a drive-by with 4WD/clearance. Some good 4x roads around there really challenged our vehicle.

There are a number of 4x caches in "The Badlands" east of Bend. Several are on/off of roads 5, 6, and 7, which are only open to motorized used 5/1 to 11/30:

Badlands

Dogs Day Out

Road 8 east of Bend is currently open year-round. This cache can be accessed from there:

Walkabout

Kinda partial to this one:

Rembering Renfrew

I'm afraid that's it for now, due mostly to the late hour.

--laurak of dasein

Edited by dasein

Hey thanks for the replys, I will have to look into them.

geobc: Unfortunatley you wont find trails like the con up here in Oregon that I know of. Im right outside the tillamook state forrest where I do most of my wheeling and there is a couple trails, one called rock crusher that is just a bunch of boulders thrown together. Dunno how long it is though...

heres a pic of it

chad.jpg

check this site out for wheeling in oregon

http://oohva.org/