24-hour Cache Record

Zatoichi

Last October, 2004, 'Team Rebellion', consisting of CaptDC52, Luke 11.9 & Zatoichi traveled to Jacksonville, Florida to break the World 24-hour Cache Record. We were successful with 246 finds!

This May, 2005, we anticipate that our record will be broken during Geowoodstock III in Jacksonville (GCKAPA).

Not to be outdone, we are making preliminary arrangements for our quest to regain our title (should it fall) for Nashville, TN late Summer of 2005.

At this time we are recruiting for a fourth member of the search team. Ideally the candidate would be a firefighter (as we are all). Their experience level does not have to be high, but they must be motivated and physically fit. Although we are not discounting the possibility of getting someone from the Nashville area, we would prefer if Nashville was virgin territory for the cacher.

We are also recruiting a support team of 2-3 cachers. It would be great if these cachers are from the Nashville area. The role of the support team is to assist with any off-line assistance we might need, such as documentation (pictures), hot food, and able to handle any support or problems which the search team might need.

Sponsors are welcome. This endeavour will cost money, so any assistance would be appreciated. If anyone knows of a sponsor who would like to be represented, please let me know and I will be happy to contact them.

I can be contacted through the Gx web site under the screen name Zatoichi. Or feel free to contact me direct at CHays911@aol.com

All cachers have been very supportive of 'Team Rebellion's efforts in the past. I look forward to meeting and working with more wonderful people during our next adventure.

Take care...

I have a strong dislike for the types of caches that make for good cache machines.

On that note, I have a strong like for extreme marathon events. I have a couple of 24-hour driving accomplishments under my belt.

I don't know where I will be (physically) during the summer of 2005, but if I am available, I might consider a position on your team.

I've never cached in Nashville, although I live in Memphis, which isn't too far.

Jamie