Locating Caches In P Vallarta, Mexico.

spamhead

I am heading to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico in March and would like to find a cache or two. When I select Mexico, there is no apparent way to single out the city or view a map of caches in a particular region.

1) How can I locate a cache in a specific city or region without having to page through all 198 caches in Mexico?

2) Has anyone been to a PV cache?

Any advice will certainly be appreciated.

Thank you,

spamhead

Coordinates, man, coordinates!

Don't forget you can search for caches by latitude and longitude.

If you don't have mapping software or a good atlas, use Google.

I just did a quick Google search and placed Puerto Vallarta

at 20.40 N, 105.15 W.

Not as accurate as we usually work with, but it's close enough to initiate a search of the general area. Entered those coordinates in the search page, and the first one to pop up was the very same cache as suggested by Team Misguided.

(And always remember: as a service to the geocaching community, the Old Bet Brigade stands ready to accompany you to Mexico to assist with the cache hunt. Just send us the tickets. Or, maybe you would prefer to take Team Misguided with you, since they seem to be more familiar with the territory. :lostsignal: )

Edited by The Old Bet Brigade

RALANN,

Do you really have to register your GPSr to use it in another country?

Will the Federalies think I am a drug lord or Terrorist?

Team Misguided,

You aren't living up to your name. That cache is a great starting point, Thanks!

Old Bet Brigade,

I have not run a search by coordinates, yet. I forgot that was an option.

This is just one of the reasons I love cachin' so much. I posted that question at 1:30 am here in Min-ne-SO-tah and had three immediate responses.

Thanks for the help & ideas.

spamhead

:lol: