Ttbln And Tnltb

fersman4

We hardly ever bring something along to leave in a cache, so we are always TNLN-ing. But travel bugs are a different story. A TB can go into a cache, and then later be removed from a cache and the cache contents will not be altered. Nothing is gained or lost, except the TB is sent along to its next destination, which is a good thing. It would suck to trade something good for a TB, then come to another cache to drop off the TB, only to find a bunch of junk that cannot (with good conscience) be traded to another cache. Furthermore, this results is a net addition of an item to the first cache, and a net removal of an item from the second cache. So...

Is it bad to take or leave a TB from a cache without exchanging?

P.S. I did a search prior to posting and did not find an answer.

Edited by fersman4

I have been tossing the same type of question around for a couple of months now. I have a cache that is well off the beaten path and has minimal activity. I have been considering gathering some travel bugs from area caches that I have already found and placing them there to “encourage” some caching. The cache is not difficult to find or to get to just out of the way.