Logging A Cache Like A Tb?

Milbank

Here is something I was thinking about this morning well logging a TB I picked up.

Would it work to have a logging number for the cache you have to log online?

Something like the TB number you have to log.

When you cache is aproved you would get a logging number for your cache.

You could then write this number on your cache container.

The people that would find your cache would have to log the cache number online to get credit for it like you do a TB.

Like I said just a thought I had and it got me thinking why don't we log caches like we do TB's?

You would not have to mess with replacing full log book.

You would not have to put up with wet log books.

There maybe more room in the micro caches if there was no log book.

The TB numbers seem to work really great for logging the TBs, why not do it with the caches?

Edited by Milbank

In The Beginning, when Jeremy created the Web Site and the Rules, It Was decided that numbers were not important. The ultimate reason for Existence was The Hunt and The Find. All else was nothing.

The Sin of the lie is Damnation for All Eternity, but the lie may remain. Only the True Cache Owner can decide what log Lives or dies.

In The Beginning, when Jeremy created the Web Site and the Rules, It Was decided that numbers were not important. The ultimate reason for Existence was The Hunt and The Find. All else was nothing.

The Sin of the lie is Damnation for All Eternity, but the lie may remain. Only the True Cache Owner can decide what log Lives or dies.

Sounds good to me, thanks.

Here is something I was thinking about this morning well logging a TB I picked up.

When you cache is aproved you would get a logging number for your cache.

The people that would find your cache would have to log the cache number online to get credit for it like you do a TB.

Like I said just a thought I had and it got me thinking why don't we log caches like we do TB's?

The TB numbers seem to work really great for logging the TBs, why not do it with the caches?

Excuse me if I'm reading this wrong but a part of your post said you wouldn't have to deal with log books.

Actually, if I'm not getting attacked by mosquitoes I enjoy reading the log books. For my wife I think that is her favorite part of finding a cache is reading the log books.

Oh great, another prophet on our hands. That's all we need, a geocaching holy war. Wasn't the near-jihad fiasco in central Texas bad enough? :rolleyes:

When  you cache is aproved you would get a logging number for your cache.

Excuse me if I'm reading this wrong but a part of your post said you wouldn't have to deal with log books.

Actually, if I'm not getting attacked by mosquitoes I enjoy reading the log books. For my wife I think that is her favorite part of finding a cache is reading the log books.

Yes, getting read of the log books would not be the thing to do.

Not sure what I was thinking. :rolleyes: