Legend Map Size

SmittyMX5

There's no route caculation data to uncheck in MetroGuide 5. So, no - it was not included.

Are y'all just checking up on me, or is there some problem with my calculations?

I wasn't checking up on you - Sorry. I have Metroguide 4.0x and have to remember to check or uncheck the route calculation data depending if I'm loading it into my 60CS (checked) or my Vista (unchecked).

I can load data into the Vista with route calc. checked but it uses about 35% more memory. I can load unchecked into the 60CS but it won't autoroute.

Sorry.

So does that mean I would be better off with v4? I see it on eBay too. Does v5 load the route with no choice therefore taking up more of my meager 8meg?

Version 5 does not have the routing data, so it shouldn't take up any unnecessary room. Version 4 has route data (which you can't use on a Legend) and older maps. Stick with version 5.

Sorry to pick on the venerable NG, who always offers excellent advice. I don't have MG5, and his screen shot looked just like CS6. I should know better than to have doubted him.

So does that mean I would be better off with v4? I see it on eBay too. Does v5 load the route with no choice therefore taking up more of my meager 8meg?

The routing information wouldn't be an issue in either case - MG v5 doesn't allow it to be downloaded and MG v4 gives you the option with a check box - so just make sure it's not selected. V4 was from a different map supplier, TeleAtlas, rather than the NavTeq souce used for more recent versions. I have both MG-USA v4 and CitySelect-NA v6 and in some ways still prefer the MG v4 maps. They have better coverage of some small rural roads and even include hiking trails in some areas. They also have generally better coverage of marine features (NavAids like buoys and lights, and also more lakes and small rivers). OTOH, the NavTeq maps do a better job of routing on the PC and are more up-to-date.

Edited by peter

You'd be better off getting Metroguide V4.0 only if you think you might upgrade to a autorouting unit like a Legend C, Vista C, 60 series or 76C or 76CS.

Otherwise, you should get the newest version of Metroguide V6.0.

Yeah... 4's maps are inaccurate. The streets can be off by hundreds of feet and the turn-by-turn instructions had errors on 3 out of 3 known routes that I tried. Errors like turn left from one street onto a parallel street (forgetting to mention turning onto the perpendicular street in between).

Go with 5 or 6! The data's MUCH MORE up to date, the maps are MUCH MORE accurate, and you'll be MUCH MORE happier :blink:

If you need maps and are on a very tight budget, then I guess you could go "slumming it" with version 4, but you'll be wishing you had version 5 or 6. <_<

Edited by Neo_Geo