Viewing Downloaded Tracks On Mapsource

Yes, you can delete particular trackpoints. Right-click on the name of the track (Active Log) and select "Track Properties". Then right-click on a particular point and select "Delete". Or you can select a whole group of points first and then do the right-click to delete them.

Double click on the track so you get the track properties box up.

You'll see a list of all the points that make up the track.

In Mapsource 6.3 as you scroll along the list of points, highlighting one (or hold down shift to highlight multiple points), you will see those segments turn blue on your map. Hit delete key as needed.

You can delete the whole track. Just have no track properties box open, highlight the track name in the left side window and hit delete.

You can also cut/paste these highlighted points from one track to another, etc. Cut some out, invert the rest, paste back in, etc..

Here's the tricky part, the new Mapsource 6.5 does not highlight the segment you are on, where as 6.3 did. So you can't tell what points you are deleting. (glad I still have 6.3 working still)

I sent Garmin an e-mail last week asking wassup AND NO ANSWER

Yes. In Mapsource, click on the Tracks tab, right click on the track you want to modify and select "track properties". This will bring up a list of all the track points in that track. You can then delete individual track points. I am using Mapsource 6.5, but it has always worked this way as far as I can remember.

Edit: I knew I had seen the "blue segment" in 6.5. Check the box marked "Center Map on Selected Item(s)" and the selected segment will show up as blue.

Edited by Klatch

Anyone got a handle on how accurate the total mileage is? What I do is try to eliminate the really way off segments but then wonder about the total distance walked right around the cache. It seems like the total altogether is more than I walked. Any suggestions or ideas?