found

downhunter

came across a cache and got me wandering about what was going on so i am now a new member and not sure whats going on or how to keep informed on what has happend in my area i did leave it in its place and added info that i was there and how to contact me, it was in an old town that is no longer there in the tri-city washington area, i did not find anything about it on the web pages so im in a qwandry. any one that should under stand this and can contact someone in my area to let them no about me please have them contact me @ downhunter@charter.net i did find the tri city guy but dont no how to contact so thx for doing what you can for me (jim)

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but if you key in the zipcode of the area you found the cache on the GC.COM home pate, it will pull up all caches within 100 miles. The cache you found should be among them (probably on the first page or two).

Here you can view the cache page,log your find and look for other local caches to find.

"Au pays des aveugles, les borgnes sont rois"

I agree with BrianSnat. You might also try moving this post, (or re-posting) in the "Northwest Forum." Caches are not usually named after the town they're in, so searching that way would not help.

Welcome to the fun, and thanks for not trashing the cache! [icon_biggrin.gif]

OG

Prophetically Challenged

quote:
Originally posted by downhunter:

came across a cache and got me wandering about what was going on so i am now a new member and not sure whats going on or how to keep informed on what has happend in my area i did leave it in its place and added info that i was there and how to contact me, it was in an old town that is no longer there in the tri-city washington area, i did not find anything about it on the web pages so im in a qwandry. any one that should under stand this and can contact someone in my area to let them no about me please have them contact me @ downhunter@charter.net i did find the tri city guy but dont no how to contact so thx for doing what you can for me (jim)

Wow that's great! I always wondered if anyone actually joined by just coming across a cache and reading the paper. That's very cool! Welcome to Geocaching, Jim.

And I agree with Og's outfit that if you post in the Northwest forum you just might find some cachers right in your area who can help you out getting started and might even know exactly which cache you found.

For more information on Geocaching itself, theres a section on news articles here and if you can play MP3s there's a news story from NPR here.

Team Kender - "The Sun is coming up!" "No, the horizon is going down."