Travelling To Denver...

MariettaGecko

SO I'm going to be coming to Denver from 17 March through 22 march and was wondering if anyone would be willing to either show me around or at least give me some good caches I should be sure to hit. I'll only be able to go caching the 17th, 21st, and 22nd, as I have a conference over the weekend, but I scheduled so that I'll have plenty of spare time in the area... Thoughts?

Well, I know that I plan to be travelling to the YMCA Snow Mountain Lodge in Granby for the weekend, and then I should be back in the general vicinity of Denver for Monday and Tuesday. I have no problems at all with running around north of the city. I know that I have also had it recommended to me that I go out to the vicinity of Red Rocks. Not sure what it would be like that time of year, but maybe.

:blink: Hold the Horses!! You reside in the land of mtn-mn and you think you can come here?? <_< We don't allow people from Ga. to come to Colorado especially if they have been to a mtn-mn cache. UH!! THE NERVE!! :rolleyes:

Welllllll. ok. Just don't let mtn-mn know. We'll sneak you in somehow. ;)

My March schedule is sorta uncertain but I am sure I can break away for an evening. I live up North but work in the Denver area. I usually get off work by 3:30 but I can wiggle out a little sooner if need be.

ok, does anyone have any recommendations as to a location for a meet & greet/travelbug swap meet out there for a monday night? I know that I will be flying in/out of the main Denver airport. I don't currently know where I'll be staying out there, but I'll have something worked out soon. As a note, is there a Colorado association that has some separate forums that I could go get into and discuss it with you guys there?

So what do you have in mind,MG? :laughing:

Pizza and BEER? :laughing:

Appetizers (Finger food) and BEER?? :mad:

BEER and BEER??? :laughing:

Downtown there is Hardrock or Wynkoop brewery (which, by the way is owned by the Denver mayor. How cool is THAT??) :)

One of my favorite haunts is the Pumphouse Brewery in Longmont, North aprox 20-25 miles up I-25.

There is always C.B. and Potts in various locations around the city.

Do you know where you'll be staying?

I'll have to look into that. I think I would definitely love to make it to the hard rock, though, since I have been to exactly 1 hard rock cafe ever... the one here in Atlanta. I know that I will be at the airport for part of the time(for obvious reasons) and there is a hotel that I am staying at for a short time, but precisely how long I do not know. I'll have to look into that.

ok... Since I'm pretty much down to the wire... I'm going to place the cache at the Hard Rock on Monday night the 22nd. Unless, that is, someone has a better idea that might be cheaper and easier.

As for being driven around by someone significantly older than I am, I have no problem with that whatsoever. I frequently go out caching with my father, who is 60 this year. So anything is fine by me.

I'll get the cache page posted today.

M.G.

Answered you email. Monday is a go for me. I sent my cell number.

Zoltig,

I am off to Utah on Tuesday 22nd. Will be there 6-7 days. You expressed interest in hunting "Outta Da Park" with me. A friend of mine is going to meet me in The Glade Park area on Friday evening and we will hike in Saturday and will hike out Saturday or Sunday depending on conditions. If we hike back out Sunday, there will still be enough time for you to get back to DVR Sunday PM. Let me know if this works in your schedule. If you go, I hope you bring Jessie. Jessie is such a neat dog.

hmmm. Ok. I suppose I could possibly join you with my cohorts on Thursday, but for me my caching days are going to be Thursday and Monday. The rest of my weekend is going to be busy with another of my geekish pleasures, a party thrown by a website of which I am a part. I will talk with my guests that I'm picking up on Thursday to see what they think about meeting up with a local to go caching around.