archived with no explanation

hobiegary

I was "archived" and was not even told why. My guess, it was in a national park. However, it was a "virtual cache," so that means that it is not against any rules.

I was not given any explanation, so why am I wasting my time here?

Oh well, I'll move on and have my fun without the rest of you.

Have a good time; even if it is hard to do when I am gone.

Rules and Regulations are made to be repsected and accepted. To leave a log book or anything else on such an island, a national park, a national treasure, would be a moral crime in itself.

I'll just go on and respect the landscape. This (Channel Islands National Park) is not a place to leave *anything.*

You should see how much trouble we go through to leave wtih our own human waste. A national park is excluded from geocaching, since you can't leave anything there. Too bad that we can't even leave a shared memory.

I would be first in line to call for some competitive websites to the one that I first tried-out.

I will go to "benchmarking" and you may, or may not, ever hear from me again.

snubbed,

I think the approvers may have been a little hasty in disapproving this cache icon_confused.gif, but I do have a suggestion that should make the cache acceptable to them. If you were to rewrite the cache so that instead of posting that it is a survey marker you say it is a location with a fabulous view. Then require that any finders verify their find by emailing you what they find on the ground at this location. Then it becomes a very interesting virtual cache that just happens to use a benchmark to verify the find.

http://home.earthlink.net/~whidbeywalk/

I think the approvers may have been a little hasty in disapproving this cache icon_confused.gif, but I do have a suggestion that should make the cache acceptable to them. If you were to rewrite the cache so that instead of posting that it is a survey marker you say it is a location with a fabulous view. Then require that any finders verify their find by emailing you what they find on the ground at this location. Then it becomes a very interesting virtual cache that just happens to use a benchmark to verify the find.

http://home.earthlink.net/~whidbeywalk/

quote:
Originally posted by hobiegary:

Rules and Regulations are made to be repsected and accepted. To leave a log book or anything else on such an island, a national park, a national treasure, would be a moral crime in itself.

I'll just go on and respect the landscape. This (Channel Islands National Park) is not a place to leave *anything.*

You should see how much trouble we go through to leave wtih our own human waste. A national park is excluded from geocaching, since you can't leave anything there. Too bad that we can't even leave a shared memory.

I would be first in line to call for some competitive websites to the one that I first tried-out.

I will go to "benchmarking" and you may, or may not, ever hear from me again.

snubbed,

~Honest Value Never Fails~

quote:
Originally posted by hobiegary:

I was "archived" and was not even told why. My guess, it was in a national park. However, it was a "virtual cache," so that means that it is not against any rules.

I was not given any explanation, so why am I wasting my time here?

Oh well, I'll move on and have my fun without the rest of you.

Have a good time; even if it is hard to do when I am gone.

What a crappy attitude, especially for your second post and only being registered for one day.

I love that this activity to growing and attracting new people, but with you coming in full of piss and vinegar like that I can't say I'm sad to see you go. With that personality all you can do is bring others down.

Chip