Datum Help Please

Lady SheWolf

I'm just a tiny (alot) lost here.

And I'm probably doing it all wrong.

I went out today with 3 clues and co ords on a sheet of paper parked and started walking to the first clue. which was a House. Anyways gets to where what we thought was the right clue and the co-ords were way out.

On arrival home I checked the given co-ords with Streetmap.co.uk and it came up with the place we were standing out side.

Then I read about this datum thing........ but can't find in the gps or manual any reference to what mine is. I've searched on a girls best friend Google but still no luck.

I've a Medion 95000 from Aldis with the Navigon 4.2 software.

Some advice please.

TIA

Have you tried asking in the UK forum? In this case, it might be more useful than the Getting Started forum.

I'm a US cacher who caches in the UK sometimes. If I take UK coords directly off GC.com and download them into my US-region GPSr, it points accurately to the cache, but the map on my GPSr shows me many yards out of place (floating in mid-ocean while I'm walking along the shore, for example). If I take the coords off my Fugawi software for the UK, I'm many yards out from the cache -- but I look right on the Ordnance Survey maps inside Fugawi. The software is compensating for the datum difference.

Short answer: take the coords off the cache page, and you should be fine. Long answer: datum differences make my brain hurt; ask a savvy Brit what's really going on.