Newbie to Geocaching looking for Veteran Online Buddy

sygyzy

Hi,

This is my first post here. I looked into Geocaching maybe 6 months ago but never really started until I picked up my eTrex Legend. So far I am spending my time researching and learning in preparation for my first cache finding trip (is there a better word for this? A noun that means you are going to go find a cache, or the act of finding one?).

Anyways, I found that with my other hobbies (paintball, computers, dvd's, electronics, cars, etc) it is much easier to learn if I had a veteran (preferbly one who can type well and use proper grammer) allow me to contact them via AOL Instant Messenger (AIM). The idea is that it much faster for me to send a quick message and have someone answer than having to do searches or post them on the board. Also, it would be nice if this person was on regularly (broadband connection maybe).

If anyone can help, please let me know. I am overflowing with questions!

Peace!

Sygyzy

There is a geocaching IRC channel where you can almost always find someone around, day or night. If you already use IRC, server is irc.freenode.net and the channel is #Geocache using your favorite client.

Clayjar graciously hosts a web-based client, for those who prefer the simplicity of that. You can find that at http://gcchat.clayjar.com

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

My AOL IM name is wyoduckhunting1 and it is on most of the time. I have had a Legend, use a Vista now and also a basic yellow Etrex. If you want to get in touch, let me know. You can get me on IM or email.

Andy

It's not a sport unless there is something dead in the back of the truck when you get home.