Ok I got one!

AuntGiGi

That is a nice unit. I have the Venture, a less-feature (and less expensive) member of the Etrex line.

I would suggest getting to know EasyGPS also. It makes download of waypoints from geocaching.com to your computer, and then from your computer to your Legend, very easy. Manual entry of waypoints can be pretty tedious.

Check it out at this web site.

Good luck, and welcome!

Dave_W6DPS

My two cents worth, refunds available on request. (US funds only)

Good choice. The Legend is a nice unit and easy to use. Like Dave said, EasyGPS is great to have. I was geocaching for close to a year before I started using it and now I wonder how I did things without it.

Next, you'll probably want some mapping software. You'll find the base maps on the Legend to be very lacking. Major roads, large bodies of water and cities, but that's it. Mapsource Topo (if you're more of an outdoorsperson) or Metroguide (if you're more of a traveller) are good choices.

"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry