Combining .LOC files

Gaddiel

Still a newbie here, but is there a way to combine the .LOC files after downloading from Geocaching.com?

OR... (and this may be the more appropriate question) is there a way to download all caches within, let's say, 100 miles to one .LOC file? So far, I've just been able to download one page of caches at a time.

quote:
Originally posted by Gaddiel & OrangeDanish:

OR... (and this may be the more appropriate question) is there a way to download all caches within, let's say, 100 miles to one .LOC file? So far, I've just been able to download one page of caches at a time.

You can do that with a pocket query, but for that you need a paid account.

ExpertGPS will let you cut and paste from one file to another quite easily. Just download them one page at a time, then cut and paste. I'm not sure if easygps will do the same thing as I've never downloaded it. As has already been mentioned, a query will do all the work for you in waypoint sets up to 500.

One final option is load the waypoint sets into your receiver one page at a time, then download them back into whatever software you're using

quote:
Searching_ut wrote:

ExpertGPS will let you cut and paste from one file to another quite easily. Just download them one page at a time, then cut and paste. I'm not sure if easygps will do the same thing as I've never downloaded it.

No, I can't find a way to do that in EasyGPS. But you can highlight any number of waypoints and drag copies of them to a new file. Usual windows methods - click on first one then SHIFT click on last if they're consecutive, or CONTROL click on individual ones one by one, then click on the last one and drag.

Bill

Yes you can combine files in EasyGPS also. After you've downloaded all of the pages from geocaching.com, open them all in EasyGPS, tile them for viewing, then highlight, drag and drop into one of the windows, then delete all the empty files, and rename the remaining file (containing all of your waypoints) appropriately.

I do this all the time and have many files I can interchange with my GPS depending on where I am going to search or be.

***NOTE*** I contacted EasyGPS to request some way of numbering the waypoints so that those of us with limited storage can know how many waypoints we are attempting to upload/download into our GPSr's so they don't overright those already in memory. They emailed me back within 2 days and had it in the next EasyGPS upgrade made available. All this for a free version. Now that's what I call a great company, looking out for us geocachers. I'll be buying my copy of ExpertGPS very soon, to support companies like this. I suggest everyone do the same.

And before anyone points it out, yes I am planning on getting my charter membership here at the same time.

GPSr's...A step in the right direction!