Direct Download Of Pq

kc8hnz

When I make a pq, I usually select the 'Run once and delete' option. Seeing how I usually run it and download it immediatly, I think the option to directly download it right from the site instead of having it e-mailed would be a usefull feature. Any thoughts?

Because the pocket queries were developed in such a way that multiple machines on our end can generate them (and thus make the whole process faster), there would need to be either a mother ship kind of idea where all the results are stored, or the database would have to contain the results.

I have considered this idea in the past and it is a good one. I have it on my must haves list. The only caveat is only zipped files will be downloadable so we can provide 1 download per request.

And as progress goes I have already moved along that path. Once the pocket queries are created I keep a copy on the server. It is now just a matter of creating a way to transfer a file from one machine to the web server you are accessing, since Geocaching.com now runs on multiple web servers.

The only caveat is only zipped files will be downloadable so we can provide 1 download per request.

I am not sure I understand what you mean by that.

Are you saying that five zip files would be created or do you mean that you would put five PQs into one zip file that would be downloaded? Or am I just missing something all together?