Cache Event For Lost Gps

BeachBuddies

While caching the AT last Saturday, with his brand-new one-day-old just-out-of-the-box not-yet-on-a-lanyard Garmin 60, Bisanabi somehow lost it in the rugged terrain between Steep Creek and Centennial Overlook. We're going to go out this Saturday and find it!

I'm going to turn this into a CITO (well, hopefully CIGO) event -- the more the merrier! I'll definitely bring some great chili for everyone for lunch. I'll try to have some door prizes too. Also, I'll bring a bunch of ammo boxes (my wife wants them out of the garage anyway) and provide them cheap to anyone who would like one.

Successful or not, I'll hide a memorial cache (hopefully where we find the GPSr) with appropriate trinkets. I'm hoping Bisanabi will be the first to log it, and his logger better say "Took lanyard, left belt clip!".

Please come out and help us hunt. Meet lots of other local geocachers. There's parking at the posted coordinates. Details may change (so watch this page), but the current plan is to meet at the parking area at 9am, and search as a line up the slope.

I've submitted the event cache, and will post a link as soon as it's approved. Hope to see many of you there this Saturday!

-J (BeachBuddies)