Metroguide Or Cityselect

Medic005

I'm looking at getting a MapSource data, but not sure which one is better;

CitySelect North America or MetroGuide North America

What's the difference between the two and/or which one do you think is better. I've seen the MetroGuide for $75.00 and the CitySelect for $110.00.

Thanks for your input! :anicute:

The maps and POIs are all the same, so the differences are the auto-routing (PC only for MG vs. both PC and GPS-based for CS) and the use of unlock codes for CS. MG doesn't require you to use the unlock codes that tie the software to one or two specific GPS units, so you can use it on multiple units and also resell the software later without any complications.

Assuming that this would be for the Legend C that you just bought (I'm psychic!) :unsure: you would want the city select. The Legend C supports auto routing, so this is the way to go. Just be sure that when you buy thet you are getting the latest version (v6)

Another way to solve your question would to be to check the "MapSource Compatibility: Garmin Recomends" dropdown on Garmin's Legend C page: Legend C. If you look carefully, Metroguide North America is not there (and I am not really sure why MG Canada is, most of Canada is covered by CSv6 and MGv6) :unsure:

Just trying to help- Bike Hike Cache