Reloging Finds

GeoMom

Yes, you can, and even if the caches are archived.

Go to your son's profile page, to the statistics tab, and then click on his list of finds. Scan down the list, and right mouseclick to open each individual cache you found together in a new window. Log your find, taking care to make the date match your son's log. I suggest using an explanatory sentence in your log, so that the owner and people on the watchlist don't get confused... something like "I found this with XYZ when we geocached together under his account, but now I am going back and logging my finds under my new account."

When you're done with the log, exit that window and you are back at the list of caches your son found. Repeat the process for each cache. Archived caches will still show up in a search of the caches found by your son's account.

I will be going through this very process sometime this winter for my daughter, who is old enough now to want her own account and logs, and I am not looking forward to it!

...and I am not looking forward to it!

It's her account, make her do it!

On a side note, besides making our kids read 30 minutes a day right before bedtime, I made then learn typing with Mavis Beacon. Both are now excellent typists.

I caught my daughter once with 5 IM windows open at once carrying on conversions in each, slowing only change focus. Reminded me of the chess masters going from table to table playing several games at once. After you get to a certain level, typing is as natural as handwriting.