Magellan Blazer12

Team Tayjam

I can get a pretty cheap Magellan Blazer12, but I don't know anything about them. Has anybody had one?

This would be for my 8-year-old daughter to use for geocaching, so I don't need anything too fancy.

Would you recommend this or not for a beginner's GPSr?

Any info you can provide will be appreciated.

Thanks!

I've owned a trailblazer 12 for 5 years now and still use it for a backup with my garmin 60c. For the magellan trailblazer12, I used it for over a yearnow doing geocaching , but it works better with a compass because if you walk slow in the woods or anywhere with it your direction needles won't move, your speed has to be more than 3 or 4 miles an hour for your bearing needle to move. In a vehivle no problems with it., but ounce you start walking you have to walk fast for the needle to move , so that is why tant when I'm about 50 to 60 feet from target I use my compass for the direction.I have found 49 out of 50 caches with this gps and enjoyed it as well. I was going to sell it but will keep it I think for a backup Hope this could help you.. Flame1