More On Cables (software?)

gdshaffer

I have an iPAQ 1945, a Garmin eTrex and no way to conect the two. I am running GPXSonar on the iPAQ but I am currently unable to dump the .loc files onto the GPS. Does anyone know where to get such a cable, or a pinout to make one?? Also, I am on a limited budget. So, is there a mapping software for PocketPC that's free or at least economical?

Thanks...

Edited by gdshaffer

If you already have a cable that will connect to the iPAQ, Pfranc sells connectors for the eTrex, and you can make your own. The pinouts are on the Pfranc site as well as in the eTrex manual, at least for the GPS end. For iPAQ pinouts, you'll have to try Google. I have no idea. I know of no free mapping software for anything. The cheapest I've seen was the DeLorme HH version that was bundled with the Radio Shack Digitraveler, but AFAIK that is no longer being sold. Mapopolis is reasonably priced, I think, at $100 for the entire US, but you can buy individual counties fairly cheaply.