Tb Goals

Team Silver

I have been reading through several forums and have thought of a...maybe a good idea? I have ordered a travel bug and plan to give him a goal and plan to ask whoever gets him to the goal to log the TB out of service some how. Maybe this can be a new kind of TB. I know alot of people want there TBs to travel far and wide but i just decided that i just want my TB to accomplish something. So with my first TB i will set the goal and who ever can get him to the goal, i would only ask that you take a picture of the TB at destination and do what ever you want with the TB tag. Keep it for all i care...just get him to destination X. Maybe there can be a way online to see who can get most of there TBs to accomplish their missions?...comments welcome, good idea? NO...just looking for feedback.

One way you could do it is to place an unactivated TB tag in an envelope and put a note on the outside of the envelope that the contents should only be opened by the person who delivers the envelope to the goal destination. Odds are the envelope would be opened before making the goal. What would be cool though is to see if anyone would actually activate the tag before it reached its goal site :(.

One problem with this is you would not have a way of tracking it through GC.com. You would have to rely on users to inform you of where they've moved the envelope to, etc.

Zack

One problem with this is you would not have a way of tracking it through GC.com. You would have to rely on users to inform you of where they've moved the envelope to, etc.

No, no...what you'd do is, you'd attach a live tracking TB tag to the envelope, and put an unactivated one inside! Ooo! I like that!

Of course, you've got an $8 bug that almost certainly will get violated before it fulfills it mission, but still...

We fulfilled a TBs goal once of seeing the Atlantic Ocean. It originated in CA I believe. We mailed it back and if I remember corrected the owner said it was sitting on his desk or something. (I seem to remember the mental image of it being a display piece.)

We'd certainly fulfill a goal when the opportunity arrives and then send it back to the owner--and have.

I thought that was neat.